I suggest you ...

country problem

...not everyone lives in America and the real Birmingham is definately in England :D

Would help a lot if the program recognised this, or at least allowed you to manually set the right place rather than using a lot of mouse-movement and risking clicking yourself back to America.

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jon BaxterJon Baxter shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • IanIan commented  · 

The default location is North America but the biggest trends are focused over Europe. So why is a company called "Stateless Systems" developing a system that focuses on [United] States? It's very much not 'stateless'.

Twitter is a Global service, it is not just for Americans and focusing on America reinforces the widespread belief outside America that Americans are at times arrogant.

The initial poster, Jon Baxter, above is right. Birmingham in the UK is a major capital city and bigger than Birmingham in Alabama, in fact the UK Birmingham has four times more people, so why does the American Birmingham take precedence?
        The correct default view is a world view not one skewed towards America and Americans.

Feedback and Knowledge Base